i want to start my first post of 2011 with the crunchy chocolate melting cookie.i had seen this here & had bookmarked it long back. Today i got to bake them and i must tell you that they were so good.Just re-producing the ingredients and method with slight changes according to my requirements.i want to say thanks to sunita for such a wonderful recipe
Whole wheat flour( atta) --> 3/4 cupRolled oats --> 3 Tbsp
Dessicated Coconut --> 4 Tbsp
Cinnamon powder --> 1/2 tsp
Soda --> 1/3 tsp
Chocolate Chips --> 75 gms
Sunflower Oil --> 5 Tbsp
Soft dark brown sugar --> 5 Tbsp
Water --> 2 Tbsp
Flaxseed Powder --> 1 Tbsp
Warm Water --> 3 Tbsp
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, soda, dessicated coconut, cinnamon powder and chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, add the oil, sugar, water and break in the egg. Mix everything lightly with a spoon till the sugar is free of lumps.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and tip in the flaxseed mixture(mix 1tbsp of flaxseed powder and 3 tbsp of warm water). Fold in , preferable with a rubber spatula or mix lightly with your fingertips, till everything is just moistened. Do not over mix.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 deg C and line a baking tray with foil.
- With damp hands, make 18 equal sized balls of the mixture and place them on the prepared tray apart from each other ( if you are baking in batches, return the unused cookie dough back to the fridge). Lightly flatten the balls with your fingertips.
- Place the tray in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or till the top is firm and the edges begin to darken slightly.
- Cool on the tray for a few seconds. Gently peel them from the foil and transfer to a rack to cool completely before storing in air tight containers.
- My Oven Wattage is 1000 so the required time is 25 mins. So the baking time differs from oven to oven
- Can use 1 egg as per the original recipe instead of flaxseed powder mixture