- Cake flour --> 1 & 3/4 cups
- Sugar --> 1/2 cup
- Orange squash --> 1/2 cup (see notes below)
- Pepsi/Cola --> 5 Tbsp
- Butter --> 4 Tbsp
- Vinegar --> 1 Tbsp (see notes below)
- Baking powder --> 1 tsp
- Baking soda --> 1 tsp
- Orange essence --> 1 tsp
- Salt --> 1/4 tsp
- Chocolate chips --> 1/4 cup
- Grease an 8" inch cake pan.Pre-heat the oven @ 180 degree C( 350 degree F) for 10 mins.
- Take a bowl mix in the dry ingredients :- cake flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt and mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl mix in the wet ingredients :- butter,orange juice,orange essence,pepsi or cola,vinegar.
- Now slowly fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.Take care not to overmix.
- Lastly add the chocolate chips to the batter.
- Now pour the ready cake batter into the greased pan and bake it for 40 mins @ 180 degree C ( 350 degree F).
- Check whether the cake is done by inserting a tooth pick.If the tooth pick comes out clean the cake is done.
- used store bought processed sweetened orange squash to which sugar is already added.If you are using unsweetened orange squash you may want to increase the quantity of sugar as required.
- used sweetened chocolate chips.
- used apple cider vinegar.
Cake was delicious,spongy and just like store bought.