Whole wheat chapati flour(atta) --> 1 & 1/2 cup
Warm water plus squeezed water--> 1/2 cup
salt --> to taste
few drops of ghee
Cabbage ( grated)--> 1 & 1/2 Cup
Grated paneer ( cottage cheese) --> 1 Cup
Red Chilli powder --> 1/2 Tsp
Black pepper powder --> 1/2 Tsp
Corainder powder > 1 Tsp
Cumin powder --> 1Tsp
Kasuri methi --> 2 Tsp
Amchur powder --> 1/2 Tsp
Ajwain seeds--> 2 Tsp
Ginger paste --> 1 Tsp
Corainder leaves ( chopped) --> handful
Green chillies ( finely chopped) --> 3 Nos.
Salt --> to taste
- Grate cabbage add salt to the grated cabbage and keep aside for 30 mins. Once the cabbage becomes watery, squeeze out the excess water from the grated cabbage.Keep the water aside don't throw it away, we will use it for kneading the dough.
- Prepare the outer covering of the paratha by mixing squeezed out warm water plus extra warm water into the flour along with salt and few drops of ghee. Keep this dough aside for 30 mins to 1 hr covered.Keep a check on the saltiness of the dough as the squeezed out water has salt in it also.
- Prepare the stuffing and divide it into 6 equal portions and shape them into balls.
- Now divide the dough into 6 portions. Roll these dough balls into a small circle and place the stuffing in the center .Bring the dough ball together around the stuffing and seal it properly.
- Flatten the prepared ball with your finger tips,then roll them into big circle.The parathas should be rolled thicker than the usual chapati.
- Shift the rolled parathas onto a hot griddle/tava and roast them on medium-high heat until you see brown spots brushing little ghee on either sides .
- Serve the hot yummy parathas with raitha and pickles of your choice.
- The amount of water depends on the quality of flour used.