Whole wheat flour( atta) --> 3/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp
Cornflour --> 2 Tbsp
Cocoa powder(sifted) --> 1/2 Cup
Sugar -->3/4 Cup
Baking soda --> 1 tsp
Salt --> 1/2 tsp
Olive oil --> 5 Tbsp
Vanilla extract --> 1 tsp
Buttermilk --> 1 cup (I substituted with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar + milk to make up 1 cup)
Warm water --> 1 Tbsp
- Preheat the oven @ 180 degree C ( 350 degree F) & grease 8" baking pan with oil and keep it ready.
- Take a bowl and add in all the dry ingredients : Whole wheat flour,Corn flour,Cocoa powder(sifted to remove lumps),Baking soda,salt and mix them thoroughly with a whisk or fork.
- In another bowl add in the wet ingredients : Olive oil ,Vanilla extract,White vinegar plus milk,Warm water and combine.
- Now fold in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened.Don't over mix.
- Now pour the Batter into the 8" greased pan and Bake for 25 to 30 mins @ 180 degree C( 350 degree F).
- To check whether the brownie is done insert a toothpick at the centre ,the toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool this completely on a rack and cut into pieces and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Adapted from : Chowtimes.com
- the original recipe calls for all purpose flour but i have used whole wheat flour and cornflour for a healthy treat.
- used white vinegar & milk instead of buttermilk.
- used extra virgin olive oil.
- i did not use coffee as written in the original recipe.
- the baked brownie is hard to remove from the pan unless totally cooled. So cool it completely.
---------the brownies were moist,dense and delectable.